Saturday, May 5, 2012

May Book Club Wrap Up

Hello beautiful people!

A friend of mine from church recently started a book club with a bunch of wonderful women (most of whom also attend my church).  I am so lucky to be a part of this wonderful group.  I love the first Thursday of the month when we get together and talk about the book that we read and how that book relates to life.

This past Thursday was one of the best nights we've had thus far.  We read a book called 29: A Novel by Adena Halpern.  The beginning of the book I found to be uninteresting and whinny, but by the end I was in love with the characters and greatly enjoyed their character growth!

It didn't really occur to me how much this book had to teach us about life until I got to book club and was asked if the book inspired me to make any changes to my life.  It was a interesting question that quickly led us into discussions about relationships with parents, each other and males.



In addition to the wonderful conversation we had we also had some wonderful food!  I brought blackberry-lime sangria



and mocha cupcakes (that you saw pictures of in my Instagram Wrap Up).



We also had spinach and artichoke dip, hummus, stuffed grape leaves, shrimp with a delicious homemade salsa/cocktail sauce, a veggie platter and of course plenty of wine!

It was a wonderful time with wonderful women.  If you aren't invested in a group of women in your community I would highly encourage it!

Love,

Keely

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...