Monday, October 14, 2013

Working on Coming Back

OH MY GOSH!

What a year this has been so far, 2013 you have certainly made me a stronger person.  Here's the major bullet points.

I never expected to be so happy to leave my house after the sun came up.

  • January
    • My contract for my job at the television production company ended and there weren't any other shows to jump on to, leaving me unemployed.   I got a nice little six week "vacation"
  • March
    • I started a job in retail, making significantly less money.  My feet hurt a lot and I was very tired.  RETAIL IS HARD PEOPLE.  Anywho, the pay cut leads up to April.
  • April
    • Due to my paycut I got a second job as a baker.  I went in at night after closing up at the store I was working at, leading to many 10-12 hour days.  I would get to the store at 9:30, leave at 6:15, get to the kitchen around 6:45 and bake until 10.  Sigh. There were a lot of tears, I was alone in the kitchen so it made it easy to let down my guard.
  • May
    • I started POWERLIFITING? What!?! Yeah, I learned that pointless picking up over 100 pounds off the floor is really fun for me.  These days I'm benching 110, squating 95, overheading 70 and deadlifiting 185.  It's a fun time.
  • August
    • After working both jobs for a very long time, the owner at the kitchen I was working at offered me a full time job, working from 5 am -2 pm.  I accepted, I just couldn't work many more of those REALLY long days.  Also, after 6 months in retail, it was time for me to get out.
  • September
    • The job at the kitchen may have been the worst job I have ever had, but I showed up everyday and I work HARD.  I made some great friends, we did our best to have fun in a bad situation, and overall it was still better than working two jobs, however I was still on the hunt for a "better" job.  In my mind this involved a chair, and office, and a computer.  I landed a job as a receptionist with my dad's real estate company (hooray nepotism!)  I started working the new job in the afternoons after finishing up at the kitchen, again working 12 hour days, from 5 am - 5 pm.  At least this time it had an end date, I powered through for 2 weeks, and then it was October.
  • October
    • I started full time as a receptionist.  I put my heels back on, gussied up my hair and hunted down some blazers.  I get in to the office and throw on my headset and do work.  I really enjoy the new job.  I grew up in the real estate world, it's fun and face paced and always changing.  Also I have great bosses who always encourage me and teach me.  I really want to keep learning and see where this job takes me!
So you see the blog kind of fell by the wayside, well, it fell away quite a long time ago, and I'm sorry.  I was in a bad place, and I didn't want to spread that bad place around the interwebs.  

I'm happy to be back, I'm going to take it slow and try not to overwhelm myself.  I'm not going to stress out if I miss a post, or don't post for a week.  This is supposed to be fun and I'm going to try to keep it that way!

Anywho, here's a bit of what I've been up to.


110 pounds.  Boom.

My friends and I went to a chili festival in Pueblo, got chili?

SADDLE SHOES! Only 7 dollars, in my size at Savers.  YES!

My church turned 20.  My friends and I made dessert, it's how we roll.
Too many of my days looked like this, but NO MORE!  Thank goodness, I now wake up with the sun.

I'm happy to be back, we'll see where this takes us!

Love, 

Keely
                         



No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...